Friday, March 28, 2014

Good Stuffs

David's in a better mood over all. Though his job is just one kick in the balls after another. * sighs * I am so sad for him. I wish he could get a GOOD job, that pays well, that's close to where we live, and that doesn't suck the utter soul out of that poor guy.

Holly's doing better. Back to begging, so that's always a sign she's going back to normal. Eating better too. And actually has energy again. Don't know if I wrote about it or not (and I'm wayyyy too lazy to go back and look), but she was seriously ill starting last Friday and going through Tuesday, when David finally took her to the vet. Down 5.5 pounds in a week, super watery poohs (lovely, I know), not eating (which is soooo out of character for our I-believe-I'm-always-starving dog), painful and swollen abdomen, and then the grand finale -- vomiting blood at the vet's office. Almost a thousand dollars later....and we have no clue what was wrong with her. * shakes her head * All the tests came back either negative or normal, so we have no clue what the hell turned her gastro-intestinal system haywire. But she's on the mend, and that's all we care about.

Tomorrow is the last Saturday I have to work at Starbucks. I spun a lovely lil lie about me taking on a tutoring job on Saturdays and that being why I couldn't work. Honestly, I felt myself slowly going insane. I am taking Saturdays as a mental health day....a day 100% to myself. I need it, and sadly I had forgotten that, and it took the crazy, insane hours of Starbucks to remind me of that.

Stephanie just text me to see if I could cover her 5 hour shift at Starbucks next Saturday. Part of me was bummed that I was having to turn her down, as I really like her. But the other part of me was doing a happy dance that I will be able to enjoy that first free Saturday since January 18th.

I love the fact that David is on the same wave-length when it comes to watching The Colony and now The Walking Dead. While we don't necessarily believe that the world is going to end via zombie apocalypse, we also have seen how poorly people are prepared for just standard, national disasters. So we're looking into some simple, low-key prepping to ensure we have a fighting chance should something terrible like that happen. But if we were ever to win the lottery, or come into a large sum of money, we have the plans discussed about an awesome, easily defend-able home.

The self-defense classes are tied into this also. I don't want to be a victim again in any shape, form, or function. This is why I'm pretty keen on Filipino Kali as a fighting style. It's a blade-based fighting style, whereas most MMA is fist-based. Kali has fighting stances (not sure if that's the correct word) that based off of using an edged weapon of some sort. And this really appeals to me as I carry one of David's military knives when I walk Holly, but honestly, have very little idea on how to actually fight with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment