Friday, January 31, 2014

Farewell January

Last day of January. Hard to believe this month is already over. It has seriously flown.
Which, having to work weekends now makes the days and weeks past so much swifter.

Had a lovely Christmas with the family back on January 18th - 19th. My brother and his wife were in Dhabi most of December, so we opted to hold off and do our Christmas once they came back.

Logan & Lindsay got me Georges St. Pierre's book, The Way of the Fight, and I devoured that book in three days. It's a very well written book and gives you a lot of food for thought. I also got a garnet bracelet, some silver snake earrings (mom picked those out), some magazines, cash, and a great weekend with my family.

While there in Houston, we hit the Downtown Aquarium and I got to feed their cownose rays. VERY cool.

The craziness continues with Dylan, my aide that royally screwed up last week. I pulled him aside and let him know what the rumor mill was churning about him and his buddies (namely that they were doing illegal drugs and roofied themselves "accidentally"). He got all pissed off about that but totally admitted that his friends were doing hard-core drugs. I was shocked. That's not information I can keep to myself. These guys work with kids. So I passed the information along to my boss and today she told me he is suspended without pay pending a full investigation at this point. He's not allowed on campus until HR clears him. We'll see how this all pans out.

And now, I'm just waiting for David to come home so we can go get something to eat. We have nothing in the apartment. We desperately need to make a Wal-mart AND Costco run this weekend. Hopefully we can get at least one of those accomplished.

No comments:

Post a Comment