Wednesday, January 22, 2014

I Smell Bullshit

So I got my shift this morning at Starbucks, and Davis (a girl), who typically cannot seem to stand the sight of me, gave me a HUGE smile and a double HUGE hello.

I apparently do not have a poker face and Kali commented that it seemed I was taken by complete surprise.  Duh. 

But I go on about my business.  And Davis tracks me down and says when I have a minute she really, REALLY needs to talk to me.

That explains the crazy, over the top greeting.  She needed something of me.  I figured she'd want me to cover a shift for her or something.

Turns out, for one of her classes, she has to interview someone who has taught for a year, and she'd heard around the store that I was a teacher.  I explained to her that right now I just run an afterschool program, but that I've taught a private Montessori class for a few years, and would be more than happy to let her interview me.  So we're apparently doing that sometime Sunday.

I knew, right off the bat, the greeting was totally bogus.  She went way overboard, given she practically loathes me.  But maybe this will be a step in the right direction to getting her on my side.  She's the only one that doesn't like me there.  And if, after the interview, we go right back to the loathing?  *shrugs*  No water off my back. 

No comments:

Post a Comment