Thursday, January 2, 2014

2014

Word for the year: Engage.

For far too long, I've just floated through life without any real direction or goals.  Without diving in and getting my hands dirty.  I've allow my life to just unfold, without really getting involved.

So my word, my goal for this year, is to ENGAGE with the experiences of my life this year.
Engage with my work and make it more meaningful, both the child care job and the Starbucks job.
Engage with my faith.  This will all fall on my shoulders, as I've left the Coven.
Engage with my health.  I need to actively take better care of myself all around.
Engage with my future.  I need to manage my money even better than I currently am (and I'm doing LIGHT YEAR'S better than I was last year).  I need to start planning for retirement.  I have very little in that regard.

And I usually choose a totem for the year, but this year, two kept popping up.  I'd decide on one and then the other would flood into my life.   So I'd decide on that one instead, only to have the first one flood back.  *chuckles*  And these two totems promise one hell of year.

First totem is Hawk

I usually try to have a specific species, but hawks of all types kept showing up, so I'm leaving it broad to encompass them all.

Hawk is all about New Vision.  Vision is what you live your life by and what you are striving for, so it makes sense that Hawk is bringing this to me this year.

Hawk personally reminds me to rise above the mundane crap and soar the open skies once more.  It's easy to get bogged down in the daily, trivial bull shit, but I've got to keep my eye on the prize and make strives towards it.  I'm tired of being mired in debt, and I'm planning to change that this year.

The second totem is Vulture.

Again, I prefer to have a specific species, but, Vulture had different ideas.  Both Turkey and Black Vultures appeared, so again, I'm leaving this one broad to encompass them both.

Vulture is all about Purification.  It's time to devour and burn away the negative, the outdated, the unnecessary aspects of myself, to make way for a new rebirth and an overarching purification on my life.

Again, I'm being told to soar above.  I need the higher persepective on my life and on my direction/Vision.  With Hawk and Vulture teaming up, this year should be a powder keg of transformation and direction. 

I'm curious to see how this all plays out this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment