Sunday, October 6, 2013

Restless and Postcards

I'm bored.
I'm restless.
I ordered 100 postcards.

No really.  I did.  It was a grab-bag of an assortment of postcards for under $20 (and that's WITH shipping).  Not to shabby.  That should keep me quite happy in the Postcrossing world for quite some time.  Can't wait for them to arrive so I can start mailing them out!

The weather has been crazy here.
Friday, it was in the upper 80s.
Saturday, I think we might have hit 50 degrees.
Today has been in the 70s. 
Autumn is trying to gain a foothold.  But Summer isn't conceding defeat just yet.  We'll be back into the 80s tomorrow.

I'm currently down 16 pounds since I started working the morning job 6 weeks ago.  I'm thrilled.  First time in over a year I'm under 200 pounds.  Hope this keeps right on going and I get back down to my lean weight.  I'd be so happy.  Just another reason to keep the morning job. 

Speaking of the morning job, it's changing on me.  Tomorrow we split our class up and I get a new lead teacher.  Seems the two main problem children are going to the other classroom.  But I'm also loosing Gabriel, who was my little screamer when he first started, but has really grown on me.  Gonna miss that blue-eyed, blonde-haired kid.  But hopefully this means that the morning job will mellow out a bit and I won't be so loathe to show up.  Hopefully this will also end the TMJ and I won't have to get the mouth guard (to the lovely tune of $235).  I'm not holding my breath....but I am hopeful.

I was hoping to buy some supplies for my 1st Degree Initiation artwork on this paycheck from the morning job, but it was a bit less than I usually get, as I missed a few days due to a stomach bug.  *sighs*  So, that's been pushed back until the next paycheck. 

No afternoon job Friday or next Monday.  I'm happy, but at the same time, that's two days I won't get paid for.  Still have the morning job on Friday.  And I'm pretty sure we'll be open Monday too.  It's just Columbus Day, which I flat out refuse to "celebrate".  A guy gets lost and opens the way for massive genocide and oppression.  What's there to celebrate?  But hey, if you want to give me the day off of work for it, I won't bitch about THAT.  *chuckles*  I'm babysitting Friday night, so I'll at least have that extra money to pad that paycheck with.

Denton County Police Force contacted me about their Rape Aggression Defense classes.  I'd expressed an interest in them, but then couldn't afford the classes (mostly the time off of work to attend the classes).  But they're already lining them up for the new year, and I'm thinking that with the morning job giving me an extra $350 every two weeks, I can afford to take the time off of the afternoon job to do the classes.  They meet once a week for four weeks, so it's only 4 days that I would have to leave the afternoon job a little early so I could get to Denton in time for the class.  And I think I'm going to register for the March classes, once they have them set, as I'll have Spring Break off of work, which will mean that I'll only have to leave early on 3 days. 

I think taking this classes will be a good step for me.  I'll have a bit more confidence in being able to defend myself.  I still plan to take Krav Maga classes, but it will be a bit before I can afford them.  Then I'll be a walking bad-ass.  *laughs*  At least, that's the plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment