Tuesday, July 9, 2013

News

The big news is that I passed my teacher test (Generalist 4 - 8) that I took on Saturday!!!!  Woohoo! 
I totally admit that I did the fist pump in the air when I got the news. 

In other news, Leviathan shed.
Still measuring in at around 5 feet long. 
Guess she's finally hit her max length....though she is known to prove me wrong each time I've said that, and go up an inch or two.  We shall see.

Back to the first news.  Now I need to write up my "Professional Educator" resume, which is apparently completely different from a traditional resume.  Lucky for me, Texas Teachers had a HOUR long presentation on how to create this "Professional Educator" resume.  I'll probably do that once I get back from my lil bro's wedding.

Which, in THAT news, is this weekend!  Squee!  I can't believe my lil bro is getting married.  I'm so happy for him.  And of course, with me being so non-traditional, I have THE PERFECT non-traditional wedding blessing.  It's an Apache Wedding Blessing, that I plan to either read to them (if I'm feeling adventurous) or put in their pinata (where they are collecting wedding quotes and recipes).  I may just put it in the pinata, as Lindsay's grandmother already has it out for me for not being a Christian.  *chuckles*  Should be a fun wedding if she figures out who I am.  I'm not worried.  I already have my pat answer for her, should she attempt to discuss my religion at the wedding festivities -- that while I would love to discuss my faith with her (honestly), my lil bro's wedding is not the appropriate time nor place and I will not do anything that will cast any sort of shadow on my lil bro's special day.  I think that should take care of it.

The group I found on MeetUp.com that does sweat lodges has said there should be one at the end of the month.  Hopefully, I'll be able to go as I've been craving a sweat lodge for a while now.  And I could get some more information on the yearly Vision Quests they also do while I'm there.  If I can't make this one, it'll be October before I could go do one (finances and heat are limiting).  I might even see about making the Sweat Lodge an every month thing.  It would certainly be spiritually enriching.

And for my Initiation work with the Coven...that's been put on hold.  I've turned in my Mabon Ritual so that's taken care of.  All that is left is my piece of art, which I'll be decorating my altar shelf.  But with the summer camp paying so little, all expenses are cut to the bare bones (and even then, David is having to shoulder most of them).  So until October, my money can't be spent on anything other than essentials.

Though, with that said, I found this lady who does awesome cookies.  And I plan to get a batch of Batman ones made for David for his birthday.  I'll squirrel away $5 from each paycheck to pay for it.  It's not much, but it's all I can afford.

Which takes me back around to the first news.  Now that I've passed my teacher test, I can begin hunting for teaching jobs.  Once I get a teaching job, I get REAL paychecks and won't have to scrimp on things.  I'll be able to get my lil butt out of debt AND start saving towards a house and my polar bear trip.  So excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment