Monday, July 29, 2013

Dreaming of Polar Bears


ART: Polar Bears
ARTIST: amrodel

I dreamt I went on a road trip last night.
Just up and left right after my shift ended and drove.
Alone.
Drove up to Manitoba.
I could tell it was a dream because I did that trek, Texas to Manitoba, in one sitting.

But I drove there, easy peasy.
And I saw my polar bears.

And I could tell it was a dream.
Because I got to swim with them.
Full grown, adult polar bears.
Males can be over 10 feet tall.  And the heaviest weighed in at 2,209 pounds.
That's 2,000 pounds heavier than me!
And yes, this is what I was swimming with.

Baited them in with shredded mozzarella cheese. 
Other people added other cheeses, but mozzarella did the trick.

I didn't touch these bears.  But I swam with them.
Such beautifully, clear, turquoise arctic water. 
Watching them paddle around like large white dogs.
And blow air bubbles under water.

Just a friendly reminder to stay on course.
That while I may not be thrilled where I'm headed career wise, it's the way to my dreams of polar bears.
Not swimming with them, that's for sure.
But at least SEEING them, experiencing them in the flesh.
Wild polar bears.
I can scarcely wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment