Saturday, April 20, 2013

Pondering


art via pinterest

I've been pondering a lot of things.
I'm really balking at the teaching thing.  I just honestly, at my core, do NOT want to do it.

I'd love nothing more than to keep my part-time job.  It pays quite well, to be honest.
It's just that my debt is too high.
And that's what's leading me down the path to teaching.  Money. 
A teaching gig would give me the extra income to pay off my debt.

If I didn't have my debt, I wouldn't be looking at teaching to be honest.
David likes having me only working part-time.  I get to take better care of his dog, and makes him feel more secure about our home.
It's just that we don't make enough collectively to pay off our independent debts and still be able to save enough money to buy a house.  Which is our big dream.  A house of our own. 

I was thinking about that last night.  I got the desire to use the elliptical around midnight....but because we live on the 3rd floor, there's no way I can use the elliptical at that hour.  I don't want to disturb our neighbors.  But if we had a house...then I could easily have used it whenever the desire popped up.

New goals will be coming soon.  I'm still working on them.  That's one good thing of being rational with my depression....I can look at what I'm depressed over and see what I need to do to change that situation.  Not that it will completely eradicate my depression....that's caused by a chemical imbalance....but it will at least take some of the fuel away from the fire.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment