Saturday, April 6, 2013

Photos 91 - 96

Photo 91 (April 1st):

Antler slices that I'll use to make my Rune set and the vintage leopard fur I bought -- both arrived today!

Photo 92 (April 2nd):

First two runes drawn on the antler slices.  Started the wood burning on the right one....but stopped once the smell hit me.  Will have to continue it outside.

Photo 93 (April 3rd):

Dragon-scale bag arrived.  It's smaller than I anticipated, so I won't be able to use it for my Rune set that I'm making.  Might use it to hold the set I bought though....

Photo 94 (April 4th):

Tangled coil that is Leviathan.  :)

Photo 95 (April 5th):

Sphinx Moth I saw at my apartment.  These guys can get up to 2 inches long.

Photo 96 (April 6th):

The wood-burning didn't go at all according to plan.  So instead, I've opted to carve the Runes into the antler and then go over them with a red paint pen.  *smiles*  I have a whole 'nother level of appreciation and AWE for artists that use wood-burning tools as their medium.

No comments:

Post a Comment