Monday, April 1, 2013

All Over The Place


art via Facebook

Some of my packages that I've been waiting on have finally arrived.

The pre-1920's leopard fur is in GREAT condition.  It came from a coat.  And the owner was very generous in the piece she gave me for a measly $10.  Not sure what I'm going to DO with it just yet.  But I'm thrilled to have it.

And my antler slices arrived.  They are stunning.  I'm making a set of Runes out of these.  Some have a lavender/pink color to them.  I'm glad I was smart enough to order extras.  Hopefully, if I go slow enough and careful enough, I won't mess up, and thus I'll have a few slices to use in other craft projects.  Or to decorate my altar with.  They feel so nice in my hands.

All I'm waiting on now, is my scale-mail pouch that I'll be keeping my Runes in.  It's gorgeous and I'll be sure to share photos once that arrives.

I'm thinking of doing a simple wolf's paw-print on the back of my Runes, just to make them a bit more mine.  Give it a little flair.  *smiles* 

I should ask Beowulf if he would show me now to make a crown using the antlers I have.  I want one for my own personal rituals, but have no idea how to go about making one that would be comfortable to wear.  He mentioned it a while back, so I should ask him if he's made one before.  If he hasn't, I'm sure Harold would know.  He's super crafty that way.  I'm sure he'd have some great ideas on how to go about this craft.

It's hard to believe that in 10 days, I'll be celebrating my SEVENTH YEAR free of Self-Inflicted Injury.  Seven years.  Wow.  That's 2,555 days being SI free.  Crazy.  Not too shabby for someone who was engaging in some form of self-inflicted injury multiple times daily just to cope.  I've had a few rocky times lately that really tested how strong I was to resist the temptation to cut, but I've managed through them and am damn proud of this achievement.  I'm definitely getting myself some flowers (something I generally only do on my birthday).  And I'm thinking a trip the zoo might be in store...along with a nice self-pampering day the next day (as school is closed on the 12th). 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment