Saturday, November 12, 2022

NoJoMo #4: What does your typical holiday meal consist of?


NoJoMo #4: What does your typical holiday meal consist of?

Depends.  What holiday are we talking about?  Because what I eat for Easter is different than Valentine's Day which is different from Christmas, which is different from my birthday.  And yes, my birthday IS a holiday for me.  Anyone else that would like to join in on the festivities, this year it begins Nov 10th (my actual birthday) and lasts until Nov 14th.

I will be trying out Tommy Tamales.  I've been following them on Facebook for a year or so, but haven't made it over to try their tamales out just yet.  The photos of their Smothered Tamales never fail to make me drool.  Two tamales (your choice of chicken, beef, vegetarian) smothered in chili and queso.  Oh hell yeah, gonna FEAST on that amazingness.  And since it's my birthday, I'll snag sushi at some point.  Gotta have my yearly dose of all the unagi I can eat.

And then, since it's on my mind, I need to start gathering up all the items I need for New Year's Day meal.  Black-eyed peas, cornbread, greens, and pork are all required items.  Which, I have a recipe that makes a KICK-ASS dip out of the black-eyed peas.  Like, I personally HATE black-eyed peas and would gag down one SINGLE spoonful each New Year's Day.  But this dip, I've made multiple times throughout the year and gladly eat all the black-eyed peas, it is so good.  I'll have to find that recipe and share it.

And for all the rest of the holidays?  Breads and cheeses are the only common thing in all of them.  ::shrugs::  What can I say, I'm a simple girl at times.

Now, ritual days are different.  There's usually wine of some sort or pomegranate juice.  And then as far as food goes, I have a fried honey cake recipe I typically use.  Or fruits, breads, and cheeses.  Seriously, I love me some good bread and cheese.  ::chuckles::


No comments:

Post a Comment