Tuesday, November 1, 2022

Dark

Hard to believe that in a little over a week, I’ll be turning 41. There were so many times in the past that I never thought I would live this long, so it’s a very big thing for me to celebrate each year that I am alive.

Wow, that sounds so damn dark. ::chuckles softly::

I am still a bit melancholy from Samhain. I couldn’t face the Beloved Dead candle again this year. Some deaths, even years past, are just too painful to sit with at the moment. At some point, I do need to get the candle out, and write down the new Beloved Dead to add to the candle. Maybe doing that in the Spring Time will alleviate the melancholy.

I completed my first ever InkTober. I’m pretty damn pleased with myself on that. I mostly followed tutorials on the various prompts, but I am still very pleased with how well they all turned out. And I’m super stoked to do it again next year. Plus, continuing to sketch and draw and paint between now and then, of course. ::chuckles:: Honestly, I am kind of mad at myself for not picking up the pencil and learning how to draw sooner. I am loving it so much.

I had an interview yesterday at another Library System. It’s closer to my home (though, still NOT the elusive Home City Library), pays more, and there is no Pambie there (nickname for my boss that my husband created). Pambie and I are still having our ups and downs for sure. Sometimes communication is breeze and we get along just fine. And then other times, I swear we are speaking two completely different languages and all we do is butt heads.

April and Kevin came down to visit me and my husband during October. We’ve known each other since the OpenDiary Days and we finally got to meet this year. And it was so awesome. I was very nervous going in, because people usually tell me I am very intimidating and that I come off very unapproachable. But I reminded myself that we’ve been friends for close to two decades now, so she KNOWS me. So once I got my internal chatter to chill the fuck out, I had SO MUCH FUN with them. Lots and lots of things to show them and enjoy and man, I was completely BEAT by the last day they were here in TX. But it was so worth it. So very worth it. Now, it’s my plan to get my butt up to her state at some point, so she can show me all the awesome her state has to offer.

I definitely plan to eventually finish uploading all the photos I took while they were here to my FB page. And EVENTUALLY make an actual photo book of it via Shutterfly. And the awesome part is that April also took a lot of photos, so I can include some of those as well to round everything out.

1 comment:

  1. Happy Early Birthday my friend..:) Enjoy it everyway possible.

    ReplyDelete