Thursday, November 3, 2022

NoJoMo #1: Your Self Portrait

So apparently there is a NoJoMo going on right now (November Journal Month) with prompts! So I’m going to work my way through those prompts as well this month.

Prompt #1: Your Self Portrait

A blazing fire, roaring and crackling
Lupine eyes in the night
Fangs and fur and talons galore
Serpent’s venom on her tongue

Breezy and free
Untamed
Artist’s brush upon her breath
Running for the love of it

Moonlight pouring
Down a silver blade
Pomegranate juice and blood
Dancing with the Harpies

Just a woman
But more than “just”
Dangerously brittle
And beguiling fierce

Pull and pulse
Waning
Growing
Universe in her words

Wolf and Woman
Serpent Lady
Child of the Lioness
Me

Hmm, didn’t anticipate a poem to come through. Been ages since I’ve written in verse and I’m a bit rusty. But you know, that just adds to the charm.

In less poetic form, who am I? I am Manitou Wolf, She Who Walks with Wolves.
I am a 6 foot tall Amazon. I speak softly and carry a big stick. And be forewarned, my bite is a thousand times worse than my bark.
I am a Scorpio through and through. Scorpio sun sign. Scorpio rising sign. So I won’t be changing anytime soon. Though, I am in a constant state of transformation.
I am a Texan, though not overly proud of my state. I am descended from Ukrainians, Scots, Danes, Cree, and British. There are Witches and Seers in my lineage. And there are the less desirables there as well – Klan and Confederates – and others I’m sure.
I am Neurodivergent. I’m bipolar, major depressive, anxious, and most likely on the Spectrum in some form. I’m highly creative, highly inquisitive, and love nothing more than to research things that pique my interest.
I am a Librarian. Should have been a Zoologist. But I’m finding my niche and working towards my dreams and desires. Like I said, always in transformation.
I am a Witch. I work with entities that most would tremble before or never approach in their dreams. I walk beside Sekhmet through the red desert. I turn skin and become the Wolf. I soar among the storms with the Harpies. And I call the Great Serpent kin. I am a Keeper of Spirits and a Curse Speaker. But my protection is beyond compare.
I am challenging and a Challenge. I am constantly knocking down my own barriers and walls. And then, I am known to panic and rebuild them in haste.
I am a tough nut to crack. But if you manage to win me over, know that I will go to the ends of the earth for you. Those I call kin and friend, I am you greatest cheerleader and champion.

No comments:

Post a Comment