Friday, February 4, 2022

Transfer

Geez, I wrote about The ShitShow only five days ago? It seems like a lifetime.

Ok, so update time.
My transfer came through. I’m moving to a different branch and will be just a “regular” librarian. The branch I’m going to is closer to me, which is an added bonus as well. Less driving = less toll roads, which will mean more money in my pocket. Which is ALWAYS better. Plus, no back-stabbing, cowardly, sociopath Juli either.

My last day at my current branch is the 12th. And I’ll begin work at the new branch on the 15th. Same days, and pretty much same hours. Just that the late day will be Wednesday instead of Thursday.

As soon as I knew my transfer request went through and I had an official start date at the new branch, I felt like I could BREATHE again. A massive weight was lifted.

All I had to to do was survive two weeks. Which isn’t bad. My boss pulled a Ted Cruz and is in Mexico this whole week, and we’re home due to the snow/ice yesterday and today, and probably tomorrow. So really, I just have one week with BackStabber and I’m done with her.

So next week, I’ll begin bringing home all my personal belongings and tell my coworkers that I’m leaving. I just told my coworker in crime via text, because I wanted to give her more of a heads up, because we work the Reference Desk together all day, every day, so my leaving will have a bit more of an impact on her, than on the others. It just sucks. I wish we could just get rid of The BackStabber and get someone better. I don’t mind the drive that much. And I’ve made peace with the toll road fees. I mean, I’ve been doing that for nine months now. I’m ok with continuing to do that…if SHE wasn’t there. And I genuinely LIKE my coworkers. But I refuse to work somewhere, where I cannot trust the boss not to fuck me over royally again.

Fool me once, shame on you.
Fool me twice, shame on me.
There will not be a third time.

I may be a slow learner at times, but once I learn that lesson? I never fucking forget it.

No comments:

Post a Comment