Thursday, February 24, 2022

The Hits...

…they just keep on coming.

Hubs’ father passed yesterday. I was already on my way home from work – got to leave early because weather was (and still is) absolutely wretched in Texas. My normal 25 minute drive home took me an hour and a half. Which was sending him into a panic, worrying that something terrible had happened to me, and that he was going to have lost his father AND his wife in the same day.

And then today? Today, waking up to the news of Russia’s attack on Ukraine. I dunno. I’m honestly at a loss. Like, I knew it was coming. But I didn’t realize how close it was, and what Putin’s targets would be. And I’m just sick to my stomach, trying to get in touch with friends and super extended family in Kyiv and Odessa. Luckily, most of the super extended family is along the Polish-Ukrainian border, so they are out of harms way for the time being. But yeah…the radio silence from them all is crushing.

And the crazy thing is in my dreams last night, Ares, the god of war, made an appearance. Granted, the gods have been making big appearances in my dreams recently, but it’s usually ones I’ve worked with, or are currently working with. Ares? I’ve never worked with him. I’ve never had any desire to work with him. And he just straight up plops his ass into the middle of my dream that has NOTHING even remotely to do with him – in full war regalia.

No comments:

Post a Comment