Sunday, May 10, 2020

Touching Base

Oh buddy. That last entry really got me fired up something good, didn’t it? ::laughs::

I ended up blocking that individual that spurred that tirade, so they won’t even see that entry. Which is a bit of a shame, because maybe they could have learned something. But if they had doubled down and continued being shitty, well, the gloves were off at that point. I would have laid them the fuck out. And honestly, I don’t need that level of stress/agitation in my life. And since that was the FIRST TIME EVER that they had posted a note on my blog? Eh, fuck ‘em. They aren’t worth my time. It is not my place to educate every damn buffoon out there in the world. Ain’t nobody got time for that.

In other news, my first week back working at the Library with the public went surprisingly well. Dustin was a holy terror the first day back, attempting to micromanage the shit out of me. Which is counterproductive. Just tell me what needs to be done and turn me loose. That is how I work best. He did back off the rest of the week, and only checked in on a few things from time to time. It was so gratifying to have completed my book orders for April and May AND have begun on June’s order, along with doing all the fucking story time planning for June and July AND have pulled all the required books before he had done his book order. I got so smug when he acted shocked that I had all of that done by Wednesday that I snarkily asked if he needed my help on any of HIS tasks for the week. ::toothily grin::

The City that my Library is in has made it a City Ordinance that the public MUST wear masks if they come into the Library. No ifs, ands, or buts. The staff is already wearing them. So that is nice. And honestly, the patrons are deeply grateful that we are open and have no issues wearing the masks and readily adhere to the social distancing. So that has actually been less stressful than I had anticipated. Hopefully the trend continues this coming week.

No comments:

Post a Comment