Tuesday, May 12, 2020

Belated Beltane

I finally did my Beltane ritual on Saturday. It was loosely based off of the one I wrote for my Coven to do (that, due to the COVID lockdown, didn’t happen). It revolved around writing down the things you wanted to burn away with the winter, and welcome in the summer. In the ritual I wrote for the Coven, these would have been written down on corn husks.

For my ritual, I had saved some bark that had naturally fallen from the giant mulberry tree. I thought it was perfect – it was stuff she had shed, that she no longer needed. On these pieces of park, I wrote the things I wanted to be rid of.

I am quite proud of the fact that I lugged out the fire pit by myself. I started the fire all by myself. I burned the pieces of bark, along with the Banishing Incense. It had a surprisingly sweet aroma. Though, because of some toxic ingredients, I made sure NOT to stay right there and huff the aroma. ::chuckles::

20200509_133850

But I feel worlds better. Lighter. All of that bullshit has been burned to ash. It’s been swept up, bagged, and tossed in the trash, where it belongs.

20200509_140153

I really need to get back into the habit of doing rituals again.

No comments:

Post a Comment