Monday, August 24, 2015

Whew!



WHEW.  Man today was a crazy day.  But a good day all in all.

Got up extra early to take my car BACK to the Honda dealership, as the check engine light was BACK on.  Yeah, was not a happy Wolfie, as I had just dropped $1224 on the 11th for this crap.  But turns out it was just my car being a little bitch.  Honda smacked her and told her to behave and thus far, it's worked.  ::laughs::  So yeah, while I'm happy I didn't have to get anything fixed, and that the dealership waived their $140 check-engine fee, I was still grumpy about having to be up that early.

Still reading about Gypsies.  Still loving it.  Still dreaming about them in a wide variety each night. 

Today was the first day back to school for the students, which meant the first day of my after school program.
I am not going to lie -- I was nervous as hell most of the day.  This is because every single one of my aides is brand new to my campus.  Luckily of the five I have, three have done the after school program previously (just at different campuses), so I only had two completely new people.
But in the end, all that worry was for NOTHING.  They did so incredibly awesome.  Talk about a HUGE weight off of my shoulders.
And it was nice to see a lot of my returning students.  I missed those lil brats.  Now just gotta work on my new kids and get them in line, and it should be relative smooth sailing (or at least as smooth as having 70 students can be!).  ::laughs::

Tried a new recipe yesterday -- Sour Cream & Bacon Crockpot Chicken.  Meh.  The chicken was ridiculously moist and tender.  But I'm not a fan of the cream of mushroom soup it called for.  I'm thinking next time I'll try cream of chicken and maybe cream of cheddar.  And I'll season the chicken before I put all the cream on top. 

I've figured out why I'm so restless.  I haven't gone and done anything NEW since my trip to Moody Gardens back at the beginning of June with my Mom.  I need to do some traveling, even if it's just to the zoo or something.  I just need to get out of the apartment.  But that's hard to do when it's 105+ degrees.  I don't want to be out in that oppressive heat.

September 5th (which is Leviathan's NINTH hatch-day!) is a Pagan Unity Fest that's fairly local (about a 30 minute drive) that's free to the public.  I'm rather excited to go.  I'm sure David won't go, as he doesn't like public Pagan stuff.  He feels like most people do it for shock value, and he wants nothing to do with it.  Besides, I know he'd rather sleep in that hang out with strangers anyways!  ::laughs::  There's a couple of classes that I'm really interested in taking.  I hope they are at least half as awesome as they sound.  ::grins:: 

No comments:

Post a Comment