Sunday, August 16, 2015

Rawr!

BLARG!
I wish the outside world would sync up with my internal clock already.
Because being at POLAR OPPOSITES SUCKS.

Seriously, I am craving some serious hibernation time, to just coil back upon myself and quietly contemplate life and all that jazz.

But noooooo.
I have all week training for the after school program.
Seriously having to be super social all up in my face. Yeah, not looking forward to that. ::sighs::

Yeah, this is gonna be fun.

Don’t mind me. MoonTime is showing up. Which normally, I have no issue with. It’s just that my social skills/abilities are pretty much zilch leading into my MoonTime. And yet, I gotta be social. ::grumbles::

Can we please bring back the tradition of the Moon Lodge?

For those who have not written multiple papers on menstruation practices of various tribes here in the United States, let me give you the condensed version.
Basically, women were “banished” (if you view this as a negative time) or “granted access” (if you view this as a positive time) to a special lodge called the Moon Lodge for the duration of their menstruation. It was a lodge generally set away from the tribe and typically the menstruating woman was not allowed to cook for herself, clean, care for others, etc. She was to dream and pray for her tribe during this time. So even if the men considered this a “banishment”, I know the women viewed it as a wonderful retreat. An entire week of not having to take care of your own lodge? Not having to care for your family? Not having to do any of the traditional women’s work? You are expected to spend that time in prayer and contemplation?

Where the hell do I sign up???? ::grins and winks::

No comments:

Post a Comment