Friday, June 19, 2015

Plans and Schemes

written: Thursday, June 18th

Lots of downtime today at the Tech Job, but I’m completely lacking any desire/drive to crack open the GRE study book. I’m just craving some nice, simple pool time. And don’t even get me started about having to go do a Starbucks shift tomorrow morning and again on Sunday morning. I’m about 80% sure I’m going to cut my availability off on Fridays. Honestly, I would love to NOT work there at all while I’m doing the Tech Job…but I do still need the Starbucks job once the school year starts back up in August…so i just do what I gotta do.

Litha – the Summer Solstice – is Sunday, so I need to get cracking on that. I figure it’s a good day to cleanse, bless, and re-dedicate my various Sekhmet statues and painting. I’m really wanting sunflowers for my altar and happened to see some growing wild on my way to the Robinsons’ house. And I might even snag one of the massive yellow lilies they have growing beside their pool.

I also need to get my punk ass to Michael’s and pick up craft supplies. I came across some beautiful “beaded ornament suncatchers” on Pinterest that look very easy and gorgeous all at once. So I want to try my hand at that was a Litha craft.

And I’ve decided I want to see if I can get away with putting some purple in my hair this summer. I figure as long as it isn’t too outlandish, I should be able to skate under the radar. So as my first attempt, I’m going to try the infamous Koolaide dye. That way, if I do get into trouble for it, at least I didn’t sink a whole lot of money into it. ::chuckles:: Me, the ever-practical free-spirit. I swear most of the time I am just a living, breathing oxymoron. But at least it keeps life interesting!

Been talking to Klaus, my German friend, who made my Super Sneaky Project #2 (a very special, sacred gift for John) possible. It’s fun to come across various rare and obscure birds and then see if Klaus has feathers for them. ::smiles::

Speaking of Super Sneaky Projects – I paid the artist for Super Sneaky Project #1. I should have that Project completed and ready for deployment towards the end of August. This is by far my favorite devious project to date. This is how you put a Scorpio’s less “desired” traits to good use. Master liar, sneaky bastard tendencies, and an eye for success at any costs. ::chuckles:: Now is the part I hate – the damn waiting game. I just have to remind myself how awesome it will be for the big reveal. ::grins toothily:: Can’t wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment