Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Hopes & Dreams

David’s been a bit down lately. I blame most of it on his horrid work environment. But part of it is from when I took him over to the Robinsons’ house.

I’m house/dog/guinea pig sitting for them. It’s a really sweet gig. I’m getting paid to watch their critters and home – and am given free reign of the house. I can swim, eat their food, and is I liked beer – I’d have 3 different ones to choose from. If I wanted to, I could even sleep there – as could David – all with Mr. Robinson’s blessings. Hell, he even suggested it. ::laughs::

After taking David over there Sunday night, he got very quiet and introspective. I know it’s because he’s not happy with where we are at (and to be honest, neither am I). I think he was even a bit resentful with all the Robinsons have and how liberal with it they are. Me? I’m planning to take FULL advantage of their personal pool! ::laughs::

I’m hoping this motivates him to do the CISCO training soon. And I certainly need to really start studying for the GRE. I’m ready to only work one job. I’m ready to not have to scramble for a summer job. And I’m ready to make more than $18k a year. I’ve just got to blow the GRE out of the water and then burn through the Master’s degree as fast as possible.

I don’t want the Robinsons’ house. It’s too large for my tastes. But I do want a house to make into a real home for David and I.

Not to mention, I could get another snake at that point as well. ::grins and winks:: Now THAT’S some true motivation there! ::chuckles::

No comments:

Post a Comment