Sunday, November 23, 2014

Rattling Cages is Pretty Stupid

I’m going to be a bad employee tomorrow. I’m doing a no-call, no-show. Though technically I turned in my time off request for Sunday and Monday MONTHS ago. My boss just claims he never got them.

Just like he claims he didn’t my time off request for the week of Thanksgiving either. Which is total bull shit because we even talked about it when I handed him the paper stating such.

I’m just tired of fighting this abusive, screaming, belittling temper tantrums he has on a daily basis. *shakes her head*

He seriously almost got into a fist fight with the delivery guy last Tuesday. His screaming got to the point that the shift manager at the time was seconds away from calling the police.

Monday, I’m calling HR and lodging a formal compliant.

When I reminded him that I was supposed to have this week off, he threw his papers across his desk, stood up while shouting how incompetent I am, and took a menacing step towards me.

I’m proud of myself that I automatically went into my fight stance when he threatened me. I think it shocked the shit out of him because I was completely ready to drop him and then walk out. He paused mid-rant to look at my fist that was cocked and ready to go. I calmly told him that I refused to tolerate anyone speaking to me the way he was and suggested that we continue the conversation once he was calm and rational once more. And I walked away to continue my job.

I really want to complete a full year there.
And honestly, I absolutely adore my co-workers, so I have no desire to leave. Other than the absolute shit way Darrell treats ALL of us. I’m not special here in this treatment. Every single one of us has some horror story similar or WORSE than my most recent run-in with him.

Hell, I even thought of just putting in for a transfer. We have TONS of stores in the area. But to do so....yeah, I would have to ask Darrell first. And then HE decides if he’s ok with that. And THEN HE gives a review of my performance to the store I want to transfer to. And apparently, he’s known for giving such shitty reviews that no one will take us. So yeah, he has all that power.

The man really has no idea the sleeping beast he’s fucking with right now.
I’m a hard worker. I’m steadfast and loyal and it takes a whole lot to rattle my cage.

But he’s doing it.

And he better prepare himself for the shit storm he’s about to incur.

No comments:

Post a Comment