Thursday, November 20, 2014

Bursting at the Seams

With all the stress I’ve been encountering here recently, I’d gotten to the point where, even if the day wasn’t stressful, I was still on edge.

I was waiting for the next attack.
The next belittling.
The next temper tantrum.
All from my boss at Starbucks.
And why shouldn’t I expect it? I’ve received some combination of the above, THREE days in a roll this week.

But today. Today, I didn’t have to work at Starbucks. Today, I had my morning all to myself.

And the weather was beautiful. 50 degrees and clear, blue, ENDLESS Texas skies.

So I took Holly and I for a walk through our wooded trails.

The bird life was astounding. Flitting everywhere.
Squirrels romped in the fallen, crunch autumn leaves.
Lizards lounged in sunny spots on the sidewalk, blissed out by the warmth (it’s been down in the 30s for the past week or so).
Even butterflies were flittering around.

And best of all?

No humans.
That means, no thugs, no hobos, not even joggers that want to exchange “pleasantries” (which honestly, just piss me off).
I had the wooded areas, with all the nature bursting at the seems, and no people to TAINT it.

Holly’s not used to walking so much, so she really was dragging at the end. But it seemed perfect, as it forced me to also walk at a slower pace. To really draw out this magical time for myself.

And the stress? It’s gone. I’m at peace again.

Now, I know it won’t last forever. I will eventually have to go back to Starbucks – but lucky me, I have ALL of next week off. It was so worth the hissy fit it provoked.

No comments:

Post a Comment