Monday, October 27, 2014

Sweet Whispers in the Dark

The tiniest sliver of the moon hangings in the sky.
Close enough to the new moon to still hold sway.

I hate writing down intentions. I hate writing them down because they make me accountable.
And my personality just does not do accountable.
Hell, forcing me to be accountable is an almost fail-proof way of guaranteeing I won’t do it.

So these are just sweet whispers in the dark.

I am going to return to using the elliptical.

Not for some silly reason as to get into shape. Though that is a side effect.
Or to look better. Thought that is a side effect as well.

But because, I will be signing up for an intense 10 week long self-defense class that starts in January.
And I want to get every penny out of the $300 price-tag it carries. Not to mention that I’ll have to leave work early 10 Wednesdays in a row. And will be driving through rush hour traffic those days to get there.

If I’m not in shape, how good is this course going to do me?
I’m tired of being a victim. I’m tired of being scared.
I want to learn how to properly defend myself.
And step one is getting on that elliptical and getting my cardio up.

And I started today. It’s been ages since I’ve been on it. But this is something I want to accomplish.

No comments:

Post a Comment