Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Chaos and Goals

I have so much I want to accomplish.
I want to get out there and DO so many truly awesome things.
This world has so much to offer and I hate that I’m sitting here, not doing any of it.

It’s a yearly tradition of mine, that on my birthday, I make a list of goals I want to accomplish by my next birthday. One goal for every year old I am.

This year, I’ll be turning 33. So that’s 33 goals.
And me, I’ve already made a list of 33 goals.

But it’s a safe list, as I’ve focused more on setting goals that I have a very real possibility of completing. But I want MORE.

So I’ve got a new challenge. My first impulse was to simply toss the set of goals away and make some challenging goals. But I do like the goals I’ve already put down.

So let’s toss a little chaos into the mix. I’ve got my 33 Safe-And-Fairly-Attainable Goals listed. Tomorrow, when I get to work, I’ll roll 2 dice. Whatever number that is, I’ll make that many Challenging-Yet-Realist Goals to be accomplished. For instance, barring us winning the lottery, I know for a fact that I will not be able to go on my Polar Bear trip ($10k). Instead, a Challenging-Yet-Realistic Goal would to having my savings up to $4k. It wouldn’t be an easy challenge and life certainly seems to enjoy throwing me curve balls. But it’s time I really started applying myself and stretching myself beyond my cozy little comfort zone.

So, if Chaos is in for the fun of it, I could possibly end up with 12 Challenging Goals. Bare minimum I’m setting for myself is 6 minimum Goals, no matter if I only roll Snake Eyes. *chuckles* Actually, I think if I manage to roll Snake Eyes, I’ll set 12 Goals anyways. Because you know, it wasn’t Chaotic enough just yet.

I would say wish me luck, but luck and chaos seem to be different sides of the same coin.  Not sure what would be considered lucky in this instance.

So I'm simply wishing for the BEST OUTCOME FOR ME to occur, and leave it in Fates' hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment