Monday, April 7, 2014

Rain, Spring, Altars, and Anniversaries

Lovely, rainy, overcast day here in Texas. Such a rarity. I'm enjoying it while it lasts.

I love the way the rain makes all the colors in the world pop and come to life. They are more eye-catching. The bark on the trees is a deep brown and gray. The leaves are brighter green and glisten in the slivers of sunlight that manage to break through the cloud cover from moment to moment. The pinks of the redbud trees blaze to life.

The bluebonnets have started to bloom here in Texas. Man, how I love that flower. I need to find a time as soon as possible that David and I can get photos taken in the bluebonnets. It's a HUGE Texas tradition and one that my family has followed for generations. It officially welcomes fleeting Spring to Texas. I'm hoping Lisa will be up for the photography. She dabbles as I do. Maybe this Saturday? I need to text her and see.

MoonTime is here. I should decorate my altar for it. But it's already decorated for the next Sabbat -- Beltane -- and I don't really want to take that down, only to put it back up in a week. Though, I also have a Full Moon between now and Beltane, so I would have to do that anyways. Drats. I need more altars! * laughs *

One of the Pagan Bloggers I keep up with, Witchy Words, recently did a 5 part blog piece on her spiritual room. A whole room, dedicated to just rituals/ceremonies. Sounds nice, but I realized that it's not something I currently want. I like the way my room incorporates a little bit of everything that's important to me. It has my bed (very important), Leviathan (lovely lil serpent that she is!), my art territory (gotta have that), my computer (no-brainer), and my small, but perfect-for-me-at-this-time altar/bookshelf. Would I like to have room for a large altar? Sure. But I don't see myself needing/wanting a whole room just for that.

Friday is my 8th year being self-inflicted injury free. Eight whole years -- 2,920 days since the last time I engaged in any form of self-injurious behavior. Still impresses the crap out of me. I plan to do a small ritual/ceremony to mark that anniversary and to put a little magic into keeping on the straight and narrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment