Sunday, April 20, 2014

Forgotten

I had forgotten that I needed solitary, quiet, reflective time for the nourishment of my spirit.
I had forgotten that I needed hot, steamy, scented baths in which all I do is sink deeper and deeper into the heat, the wet, the warmth of the water, and read my book -- though the book itself matters not -- and to just pause and listen.
Listen to the flame's growl in the scented candle I have lit.
Listen to the oh-so-faint patter of the gentle spring rainstorm we experienced.
Listen to my heart-beat slowly grow calmer and calmer.
Listen to ME.

I had forgotten that I'm a water spirit at my core.
That I need these baths, these rainstorms, this time to myself.

I crave a home with a quiet, private backyard.
I longed to race out into the gentle rain, butt-ass naked from the hot bath, and let the cool-cold rain shock my heated skin.

One day, I will all possess of this and more.
One day I will remember it all.
Embrace it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment