Friday, October 2, 2020

Witch Thoughts


I had a really good Virtual ritual with the Coven back on September 27th.  I’m still figuring out what exactly I am allowed to share and what is Tradition Bound.  And then beyond that, there’s there whole, what I’m comfortable sharing and what I do not share with the greater public.  Once I suss that all out for myself, I’ll write about that.  But the big happy news is that we will FINALLY be doing our first, in-person ritual since February!  Seems fitting that it will be Samhain – the Witches’ New Year.  I’m beyond stoked for this.  Virtual rituals are all well and good, but there’s a whole ‘nother level achieved by doing rituals in person.  We will be adhering to the social distancing and wearing masks when the distancing can’t be done, but I’m so damn excited about this.

I had a wonderful chat with Hazel Nut the other night and some wisdom seriously flowed through me and I really wanted to document it.

2020 without a doubt has a been a bit of a shit year.

But for me, it’s easier to view my life as a tree.  2020 has been a year to really bring to light the branches in my life that are dead, diseased, rotting….just ones that need to be pruned and cut back for the overall health of the entire tree.  And while my tree now looks a bit meager and small and hacked back….everything I am left with is healthy and strong and vital.  I’ve pared down so much of my spiritual “noise” to just the core stuff that really matters.  I just need to finally get rid of the items I’ve collected over the years that no longer resonate with me.  I have a feeling that will occur here in the coming winter months.  I have a TON of wands (like, seriously, how I did I end up with so many damn wands????) – I will be selling those off and sending them on to their new homes.

I dunno…I just feel like all of this is finally crystalizing for me.  The “noise” is gone.  The “shoulds” are gone.  I’m done trying to do things to fit in, even within the Pagan community.  I’m not doing things for aesthetics or the prettiness.  I’m doing shit that works and honestly, that’s all that matters to me.  Don’t get me wrong.  I love gorgeous altars and I may eventually return to that, as I see beautiful altars as a form of devotion.  But right now, they just aren’t on my radar.  I have practical, working, full on chaotic altars.  ::laughs::

And, I’m toying with the idea of possibly opening an Etsy shop to sell my oils.  I’ve received some seriously high praise on my two oils I make.  My Red Fast Luck Oil has always received high praise, but my first batch of Crown of Success has also done very well.  An ex-wife of a dear friend told me that it’s better than the oils she has sold in metaphysical shops she’s worked for in the past.  So I’m taking that as seriously high praise.  So why not try my hand at selling some?  I am not doing it to get rich quick, but it ends up paying for supplies to continue expanding into new oil recipes while making a bit of profit?  I would be so stoked.

Speaking of oils, the next one I’ll be working on will be a Fiery Wall of Protection Oil.  It just seems that so many of my friends (and myself) could seriously use this particular oil right now.  I plan to make that one on Samhain’s Blue Moon.  I figure that will be a damn good night to make a protection oil – I can call in the Ancestors and with it the Samhain and the second full moon of the month, there is going to be a shit-ton of powerful energy that night.  Plus, I have that day off of work, so I’ll have all day to prepare and make sure I have everything I need. 

No comments:

Post a Comment