Sunday, August 2, 2020

Wielding the Scythe

Blessed Lughnasadh.  It’s the first official harvest of the season.

And man, I’ve been feeling it in my bones surprisingly.  But I’ve only just now realized it.

I’ve been wielding the scythe today for damn sure.  Cutting away that which no longer serves me.  Or at least, laying the ground work for cutting a lot of crap out.

I did a major purge on my Command Center Table – ok, just one half of it.  But holy hell, it needed it.  I’ll tackle the other half soon enough.  Old letters and bills (that thankfully HAVE been paid).  Business cards (because I adore those and hoard them like a dragon).  I came across a lovely card (with a Starbucks giftcard in it) from April from when I graduated with my Master’s degree…around this time LAST year!  ::chuckles::  I told you it was bad. 

I’m also taking up the reigns again in my Journaling Facebook group.  I took a big step back from it in July because I was just dealing with too much already.  But now, now I’m back and ready to go.  And the first thing?  I’m going to be doing a massive culling of the membership.  We have 120 members, but only around 20 or so actually post in the group.  And with it being a journaling group, it kind of has to have a close-knit feel because we are sharing things that typically you don’t share with the great big world.  So yeah, gonna be cutting that dead weight.  But I’m not being unkind in this.  I’m giving the members until the end of the month to make some sort of post or respond to at least ONE post in the group.  I don’t think that is too large of a commitment to ask from them.  Those who haven’t done so by September 1st will be culled. 

And I finally made an appointment with my hair stylist for the 15th.  I’ll be getting at least 6 inches cut off my total length – though I am leaning towards getting 10 inches cut off.  Trust me, I’ve got the length to spare.  Even if I do cut 10 inches off, it will still fall below my shoulders.  Right now, if I leave my hair down, the tip of my hair touches my pants’ waistband – that’s how long it is.  AND, I’m getting an undercut done as well.  Not a majorly drastic one, but an undercut all the same.  I’m seriously stoked about that.  My little rebellious heart has been crying out for something “wild” for quite some time now, so hopefully this will appease that feral side of me.

And now, I’m just killing time.  Waiting for it to be 5 pm so I can log into the Coven’s Zoom ritual.  I was asked by the High Priestess to write the Lughnasadh ritual for the Coven today and I am rather stoked with how well it came out.  And I’m quite excited to perform it for my Coven-mates.  I really do miss being able to do ritual with them in person.

Tomorrow is Lil Nephew’s SIXTH birthday!  How is he already SIX???  Sis-in-Law has asked for David and I to do a video wishing him a happy birthday and send it to her.  The plan is to do that either tonight, after my virtual ritual, or tomorrow before I go to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment