Tuesday, August 5, 2014

That'll Teach Me

Leave it to my unconventional Gods to find an unconventional way of taking the blood sacrifice I was simply toying with as an idea.

Sometimes it is NOT a good thing for the Gods to hear every lil thought that runs through one's head!

So yeah, I was toying with the idea of making a blood sacrifice in an attempt to rid myself of this lingering depression that just won't go away. As I was walking my dog through the wooded trails, I spotted a LARGE turtle, pointed towards the road. Now there's a little creek on the other side of the road, but this road has some steep curbs that turtles have a VERY hard time conquering.

So, as my grandmother taught me ages ago, and that I still do to this day, I decided to help this turtle across the road.

But, there is a small thicket between me and said turtle. So I tie Holly (the dog) to a tree and begin slowly attempting to navigate through the underbrush. It was only once I was truly committed to this idea that the brambles showed up.

Well, I wasn't going to let some thorny vines stand between me and my soon-to-be-rescued turtle, so I pushed through. And have a few good scratches, that drew blood, for my troubles.

Turns out, it's a dead turtle. Been dead for a while. And I couldn't help but just laugh.

I made the offer. I just didn't realize the Gods would be so swift in taking me up on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment