Tuesday, August 26, 2014

My 18s

So I was talking to some of my 5th grade students about how old I feel. My first group of students I ever worked with will be turning 28 and 29 this year. Granted, I started working when I was 14 - 15 years old, so I’ve been in this game for quite some time now.

And one of my very quirky students (and whom I really do enjoy) pipped up that I couldn’t be that old. She went on to say, “Well, you don’t look that old. You look like you are in your 18s.”

I laughed and asked how long my 18s are supposed to last, because back when I was 18, you only got one year at that! *laughs*

Ray, a dear on-line friend, pipped in with the statement that I can make my 18s last as long as I can pull them off.

Apparently, I’m still going strong, some 14 years after! Not too shabby. *smiles*

No comments:

Post a Comment