Sunday, August 24, 2014

Jumbles

Blah. Not overly in the mood to write anything of serious depth here. Just getting the basics out there.

Tomorrow is the first day of school. And for the first time in a while, I’m not exactly thrilled at the prospect. A number of my students that I really enjoyed will not be coming back (for a whole slew of good reasons), so I’m bummed about that.

I’m back to working 20+ hours at Starbucks. And while I’m thrilled about the money aspect of it, I’m honestly beginning to seriously hate working there.

Found out today, George, my absolute favorite Shift Manager at Starbucks, is being transferred to another store. Apparently her last day was Wednesday. Que total bummed-out-ness.

Hayley, one of my absolute favorite coworkers at Starbucks, got a job at the local University, and so yesterday was her last day. Add to the bummed-out-ness.

Just really feeling very “meh” about working for minimum wage now.

On the positive side, I’M AN AUNT NOW!!!!!!!!!!! Yep, my lil nephew graced the world with his entrance on August 3rd.

Now anyone who knows me, knows I’m borderline anti-baby (actually, I don’t like humans under the younger than 2nd grade to be honest), but Carter (my lil nephew) is friggin’ adorable with some seriously HUGE blue eyes. I’ll post photos later.

My Sister-in-Law’s sister is going by “Auntie LaLa” (her name is Lauren). Gag me. I sure as hell am NOT going to be Auntie KelKel. Yeah, yeah, being a lil snarky there. I looked up what Aunt is in Ukrainian, but didn’t care for it. But one of my Romanian coworkers said Aunt in Romanian is Tanti (TAN-tee), and I really like that. Tanti Kelsey sounds just fine by me!

Almost killed my boss today (mostly accidental). He said I had to do this “Workplace Violence” training. And I was like “Uh, do you not know who I am? I’m violent enough. I don’t need any stinkin’ training!” And he died laughing. To clarify, turns out it’s “Workplace Violence Prevention“....not nearly as exciting.

I’ve been working with the Harpies (Greek Mythology) since my encounter with the Thugs in the Woods. I may or may not have set the Harpies upon them. But I did word the curse carefully. If they didn’t mean any harm, then only the fear they instilled in me would be visited upon them. But if they meant harm, the Harpies are to teach them a lesson. I said the same for the homeless lady. If she’s innocent, then no harm, no foul. But if not.... * shrugs * It will be taken care of. And there’s been no sign of them since that day. Which suits me just fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment