Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Another Day in Paradise

Just another quiet day in paradise here at the Technology Job. Still at the Bolin Building. Still slowly cutting away at the mountains of computers that need to be re-imaged. Takes a little over an hour to re-image 16 machines. I will be doing this for the rest of the summer most likely. I only have 13 more days at this job. Crazy to think that in a month, it will be time for school to start up, which means I'll be back at ESD and Starbucks once more.

I am just about done with the Care One Credit debt solution program. I got the invoice for the last credit card I have in the program and there's only $600 left on it. Just two more payments and I'll be done with that one. Then I can turn all my attention to my very last credit card. As long as I am smart and aggressive, I should be able to square that very last card away in about three years. Man, it certainly was way more fun (not to mention, easier) to get INTO debt than it has been to get OUT. But I am getting out -- I can see the light at the end of the tunnel here. There is hope after all.
And with those debts squared away, nothing will be able to stand in my way of going on my Polar Bear Trip for my 40th birthday.

Well, the only thing I would willingly do that could keep me from that trip is if we bought a house. I would be totally ok with pushing back my Polar Bear Trip if we were able to finally get a house all of our own. That was be so awesome.

More and more I'm feeling the pull to go back to school. I'd get my Master's degree in Librarian Sciences. Maybe I could work in one of the local public schools. Or even in the various city libraries. It would be full time work and good pay. I'm just really tired of living off $20,000 (what I roughly make a year). Granted, my husband also contributes, but I want to make more so I can help our little family more. He certainly deserves that much....and so do I.

No comments:

Post a Comment