Saturday, November 2, 2013

Samhain


Blessed Samhain.  A day to honor one's ancestors, but known and unknown (those that came before my time).  A day to honor the Beloved Dead -- and not just human.  I honor beloved pets that have passed on.

This year, Halloween day was packed to the gills with work requirements and my depression has a strong hold on me mentally.  I opted to keep my Samhain observances low-key.  I simply lit a white pomegranate-scented candle I bought specifically for Samhain and acknowledged my Dead, and wished them safe travels.  At this time of the year the Veil between the Living and the Dead is the thinnest and the Dead are able to travel here and visit the Living.

I lit the candle again today and will light it tomorrow as well.

I opted not to do any divination (another custom for Samhain) as I'll be doing a year-reading for myself soon in my Tabula Rasa ritual.
Just a nice quiet observance and honoring of the Dead. 

written Nov 1st

No comments:

Post a Comment