Sunday, November 17, 2013

Lurking

I'm alive.  I'm here. I'm just in full on lurk mode.

Call it depression.  Call it "my give a shit is broken".  Call it an early mid-life crisis.  Whatever. 
I come here to write and then bolt away instead.
My time is absorbed by Uno on Facebook.  What a lovely distraction.

I'm struggling with the Art Every Day Challenge for this month.  I'm doing nature based Mandalas again (yeah, for like the 4 billionth time).  I've got some really difficult critters this time around for patterns.  But I kind of relish that challenge.  I worked on a few while waiting to David to pick up some tile at Home Depot.  I am still woefully behind, but at least I'm making progress.

Apparently me speaking up at the morning has led to my hours being cut.  Now, to be fair, the boss did warn the whole group that she's cutting hours across the board and that the student-to-teacher ratio will lead to them sending un-necessary teachers home, but I was already bracing for my hours to be cut.  But for me to go from 20 hours a week to being ONE of the on-call subs?  That's rough.  I'm thinking of applying at Starbucks.  Could be fun.

Turned 32 back on the 10th.  A nice, quiet birthday with my mom and husband.  I think I'm still in shock at being that old.  And I'm comparing myself to others, which is always a recipe for disaster.

I'm way behind on my 365 Photo Challenge too.  Hopefully I can spend this week getting that caught up, along with my Art Every Day Challenge.  Next year, I'm definitely NOT doing the 365 Photo Challenge.  I'll be so glad when that's all over.  Just 44 more days of that and then I'm DONE.

Read World War Z.  Was greatly under impressed.  The movie was so much better.  I mean, the concept behind the book was great.  But after the first 50 or so survivor stories, it got to be a bit boring.  Wow, ANOTHER person survived.  I mean, my hat's off to the author to come up with so many individual scenarios on surviving the zombie apocalypse, but damn it got old real quick.  But then again, I'm not a huge zombie fan, so I didn't have that going for me.  *shrugs*  Definitely worth reading once, but not one I ever see myself picking up ever again.

Went to the Fox and Hound in Carrollton with Lisa and crew to watch UFC 167.  This was the 20th anniversary of UFC AND Georges St. Pierre was defending his title (he's my all time favorite).  We almost ended up not going, but I'm glad in the end, I talked David into.  This might be St. Pierre's last fight.  He's taking a few years off for personal reasons, but you never know if they are truly retiring or not.  I'll certainly be sad to see him go.  I'll have to pick a new runner up to favorite fighter. 

2 comments:

  1. I am sending good thoughts to you on the wings...I am sorry to hear about your hours...I Hope they change quickly back for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Kate. Luckily, I still have my afternoon job (which pays a LOT more than the morning gig) so I'm not in dangerous waters just yet. I just hope I get those hours back soon as I was counting on that extra cash it brings in.

    ReplyDelete