Saturday, May 25, 2013

A Good Full Moon


ART: Native American
ARTIST: thornevald

Met up with my High Priest tonight.  We didn't do ritual, as it was just the two of us.  I plan to do my own, solitary ritual to mark the Full Moon.

He gave me two exciting pieces of news:
1. I'm going to begin training as the Maiden for the Coven -- basically a High Priestess in training.
2. I'm cleared to begin working towards initiation.

The Maiden sets up the Temple room.  Makes sure the Quarter altars are set up and have the proper elements and items on them.  The Maiden also handles the libations to the Gods (offerings of food and wine) once the ritual is over.  I'll might also begin training on how to invoke the Goddess and draw Her down into me.  I'm excited about that.

For initiation, I have to create a piece of art that symbolizes my link to the Divine.  It can be anything I want, as long as I make it and can explain why it symbolizes what it does.  I've got so many ideas swirling around my head to make for this.  Not sure which one I'll choose just yet, but I'll figure it out.

And I have to write a Sabbat ritual.  Any Sabbat I want.  So I'm thinking of writing something for Samhain, as it's my favorite.  Once I get those two items accomplished and turned in to my High Priest, it's up to me to ask for my 1st Degree initiation ritual.  He explained that the initiation ritual marks the completion of this, so only I will know when I ready for it.  And it also signifies that I'm ready to begin on my 2nd Degree initiation, should I want to start that.

So while we didn't do a ritual to celebrate the Full Moon (an Esbat), it was still a very productive Full Moon for me. 

Now to figure out what I'll be making for my 1st Degree art work.......

No comments:

Post a Comment