Thursday, June 23, 2016

Catching Up



Damn it’s been ages since I’ve written here.  I’ve been doing a lot of more handwritten journaling in a cheapy lil composition notebook that I’ve taken to carrying around.  I’m also FINALLY delving into Bullet Journaling….ish.  ::laughs::  I know, I know.  I spent the money to get the “official” bullet journal and haven’t really touched it.  Instead, I’m playing around with it in my lil composition notebook.  Because, it doesn’t matter if I screw it up there.  But I’m figuring out what I do and do not like.  Maybe once the fall semester begins for me, I’ll switch over to the “official” bullet journal.  Who knows?  I’m not sweating it though.

Next month is another round of the National Journal Writing Month Challenge.  And I’m thinking of doing the daily challenge, combined with the 15k word challenge.  That’s a little less than 490 words a day.  And seeing as how I’m only working the Summer Tech job, I should be able to hit that mark.  I mean, I’m off of work at 4:30 pm and the Hubs doesn’t get home until 8:30, so that gives me FOUR FRIGGIN hours all to myself.  I SHOULD be able to bang out 490 words a day.  

The journal swaps I was in are finally over for me.  The one I joined up via the Month of Letters challenge (back in February) really wasn’t all that enjoyable for me.  I mean, I liked reading what the journal owner wrote in her journal and all, but I don’t really KNOW her, and have little to no connection.  So it was just words on a paper.

The journal swap I hosted went quite well.  But I don’t know if I’ll do that again this year.  Trying to do a journal swap, plus my 1st semester at grad school, PLUS move, plus dealing with Holly’s passing (RIP Old Lady Dog), AND dealing with a very spirited pup (Josey), was just way too much to handle.  Oh and don’t forget adding in the ending of the school year, with its normal level of sheer chaos….and then I found out a month before school let out that I was required to pack up my entire office & supply closet as they are remodeling our school (FINALLY).  But holy damn, that was a brutal stretch there.

So with it being summer time, I managed to snag one of only TWO slots in the Summer Tech Job.  Pretty damn proud of that.  I realized this is actually my 4th year now of doing this.  Pretty damn cool.
My MoonTime is impending and I’m restless as hell.  I’m wanting to CHANGE something.  Anything.  Like, on Monday, I wore a skirt over to Hazel’s for ritual (Litha)…and you know what?  I get the appeal now.  I might have to look into getting me a few more plus some tops to wear with ‘em.  It was just too damn hot to wear jeans.  

Litha with the group….was…anticlimactic.  But it was nice to be back with the group.  I hadn’t realized how much I had missed it.  I like that we are small group.  I got to meet Danu and her daughter this time around.  I like them and Danu is quite the firecracker.  Should make future rituals interesting.  ::laughs::

No comments:

Post a Comment