Monday, September 22, 2014

Plague & Serpents

Ugh. David gave me his plague last week and it’s STILL lingering on. It’s not as bad as it was originally, thank all that is holy! But still, it sucks.

Leviathan (my snake) shed on Friday (measuring in around 4 feet 9 inches), so she was finally able to go visit my students. And they just ADORED her. Seriously, best visit I’ve ever had with any group of students that I’ve taken Leviathan to visit. And this includes the parents!

Most of the time, adults are so set in their ways that if they have already decided they don’t like snakes, they just stick with that and that’s that. Which is fine. I certainly don’t force anyone to interact with Leviathan if they really don’t want to – and this extends to my students. I find that most children, if given the opportunity to view the snake and warm up to the idea of it not being scary, AND watching so many of their friends touch and handle the snake with obvious joy, then they will want to do the same in their own time. That’s how we’ve won so many people over. Now, I’m not saying that they then turn around and go get a snake as a pet, but at least they don’t hate snakes as much as they thought they did.

Now I’m seriously itching to get another snake....a bigger snake. * laughs * No worries though. I can’t do that in this apartment. I just do not have the room. But, if we ever get a house, I’m certainly getting a few more. I could see myself with three and being perfectly content with that.

I currently have Leviathan, an 8-year-old female lavender corn snake. I’d like to get a male Woma python. Not sure what the 3 snake would be just yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment