Sunday, September 1, 2024

WOOT!

::happy fist shakes::

So I’ve been stuck on the genealogy on the G. lineage at A.G., who was born in 1800. ZERO information beyond him. Like, he just dropped out of the sky and appeared it seemed. But today.....today was I dinking around a bit (as I’m wanting to put a copy of my family tree of direct ancestors in my Book of Shadows), and just happened to stumble across some information that had a FATHER listed for him. I swear my jaw hit the floor.

I’ve been hunting this guy from every angle I could THINK of, for YEARS now, and today? Today, I just stumble upon it, so easily. So yes, now I have the name of my direct ancestor on the G. lineage SEVEN generations back.

Sure, other branches of my tree go soooooooo much further back, but this one has been a serious challenge for me. I mean, the Slavic branch is basically only as far back as the family has records (so only to my great-great grandparents), and I’ve accepted that as where the trail will go cold. It doesn’t help that the TINY town in Ukraine that this branch is from, has been a part of Poland as well, based on what WW had just ended. So yeah.....finding ANY documentation? I would legit die of SHOCK.

No comments:

Post a Comment