Tuesday, May 22, 2018

Hitting Rock Bottom

May Magick Photo Challenge #22: Temple

20180522_132705 

Photo 52/1001

This is a photo of Alfred, our resident wild cottontail rabbit, chillin’ in the front yard. As an Animist, my temple is anywhere and everywhere. Everything has a spirit, so it’s just a matter of tapping into those spirits to make a space sacred.

BRUTAL day. Brutal, brutal, BRUTAL fucking day. You know that day where I got chewed out by a teacher and a mother for HER kid getting kicked out? Yeah, that day was a BREEZE compared today. ::shakes her head:: I’m refusing to go into it. Just suffice it say, I was downing headache medication like they were tic-tacs and it wasn’t making a DENT in the head I had going. Holy fuck, man. BAD.
In non-shit news:

The purple tree I posted a photo of yesterday, Emily H. told me is a Vitex (also called a Chaste tree). I KNEW one of my friends would know what it is. ::smiles:: I love that I have so many awesome friends who bring their knowledge to the table every single day. I would love to get one of these, but I have NO MORE ROOM. ::sighs:: So instead, I’ll add it to my Dream Garden Wish Board and maybe, later on down the road, when we have a bigger home with a bigger plot of land, I can get a few and plant them. They smell HEAVENLY. Hmm, maybe I’ll keep an eye on the ones at the library and when they go to seed, I can collect some of those seeds to hold on to and hope and dream.

I MAY have a line on where I can get my 120 practicum hours done. The librarian of the elementary school my after school program is as said I could volunteer there. Now I just have to double check with my advisor to see if it would qualify and what all exactly I have to do to fulfill my practicum hours. It would be such a god-send if I could do them there at that elementary school. It would take so much pressure off of me. And, if I’m able to start doing that this Fall, then I can spread those hours out a bit and take some of the pressure off of myself.

Jess, my amazing aide, took it upon herself to help me find The Perfect ™ blue hair color for me to take to my hair stylist. And we found it:

2f58ad6037f614d9794e9654e0cf79c8 

It’s such a gorgeous, luscious blue. I LOVE it! I can’t wait to show it to my hair stylist and see how close we can get! ::smiles::

No comments:

Post a Comment