Wednesday, November 8, 2017

New Wand

written: November 7th

My wand from Australia arrived today. It’s a much lighter weight wood than I was anticipating. But she’s beautiful.

20171107_123507

She’s carved of Eucalyptus wood, in the curving figure of a serpent…a python, as the creator of the wand said.

20171107_123516

Forgive me as my snake nerdiness comes out – but there’s no way this is a python. Far too slender. Pythons tend to be thicker bodies serpents.

20171107_123519

The wand has a much lighter, much more subtle energy to it. I’m not sure what species of snake she’s going to take after. Not a python nor boa nor anaconda. But also not the swift venomous snakes, no mamba nor cobra. Maybe one of my local species of venomous snakes? A copperhead perhaps? Or a small Coral Snake?

20171107_123545

Either way, I’m happy to have her. And I’m looking forward to the next Full Moon (December 3rd), to bless and dedicate her. I’m hoping to find a proper name for her eventually, along with a totem species for her as well. I’m rather looking forward to getting know this new tool of mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment