Saturday, April 22, 2017

Pat on the Back

written: April 21st

Photo of the day:

alt text

It was one of my student’s birthday today. And I take it as a huge compliment that he offered me a cupcake first, out of all of my staff. ::chuckles:: Especially given that three of my staff members are high schoolers (therefore they have a “cool” factor that I do not have, and they have a shit ton more energy than I do ::laughs:: ), AND one of my high schoolers is a guy, which is like quadruple cool points. And I beat them all. ::smiles and pats herself on the back:: It just reminds me that I need to make more time for hanging out with my students (and staff) and worry less about the paperwork. The paperwork will get done. That’s a given. But I only have a certain amount of time with the great students I get to work with and really, that’s what means the most.

Shit. I must have done something right. Ricky came back to work with me (I had him for 4th and 5th grade; and then both of his brothers). Carson A. came up today (I had him from 3rd to 5th grade) just to say hello, which he’s done a few times. And a number of other former students do so as well from time to time. That’s what I need to keep in focus. That’s what I need to keep my eye on when all the other bullshit starts swirling.

We have a glorious thunder storm rolling through. So far, no hail or other damaging aspects. Just soft, soaking rain, thunder, and lightning. And it was nice enough to hold off until after work – so the students got to play outside! Woohoo! And it was nice enough to hold off until after the Husband and I grabbed dinner. So now, I’m full and curled up inside, nice and warm, and I get to enjoy the beautiful storm do its thing outside. Just love it. The only thing better will be to curl up in my bed, under all my blankets and go to sleep listening to the rain and thunder.

No comments:

Post a Comment