Sunday, July 8, 2018

4th of July

written: July 4

Photo 95/1001

0095

Cicada shed.

Happy 4th of July. We don’t really celebrate it all that much. We don’t do the firecrackers, and we don’t go watch the city set theirs off – which they did yesterday. And we don’t have a grill or a pool, so how un-American! ::laughs::

I was reminded today just how perfect my husband is for me. ::chuckles::

We did a late lunch at Texas Roadhouse. Hubs got ribs and chicken strips and I got the huge chicken fried chicken. As we were driving back, my husband had his window cracked because he was smoking. And we were talking and joking and he said something about being stuffed with “cock meat” (which is our way of saying chicken, because we are completely juvenile). Well, apparently the guy in the pickup beside us had his window down and HEARD it. And that guy promptly rolled his window up. We died laughing and Hubs said, “Yeah, bet he’s one of those ‘real men’ who can’t handle a bit of cock meat and is scared of gays”. And we giggled the whole way home.

I love that my husband has the same sense of humor I do. And I love that he doesn’t get embarrassed about it, even if he says something that another person assumes is homosexual. ::chuckles:: And I love that he recognizes that for what it is, and just laughs it off.

No comments:

Post a Comment