Monday, February 13, 2017

Full Wild Moon

written: Feb 11th

Today was the Full Moon for February. It’s typically called the Snow Moon….but yeah, here in Texas, there is no snow, so it’s not really a name that resonates with me. I was reading in “The Modern Witchcraft Grimoire” and the author listed the “Full Wild Moon” as an alternative name for February’s full moon and I just love it. So that’s the name I’m going with for this full moon from now on.

Altar with the lights on:
alt text

Going left to right:
Galaxy Coyote Skull (I had put her away for safe keeping when we had the pest people come through and I just hadn’t gotten her back out. But I was quite happy to have her back on my altar again.)
Blue Tarot Bag = The Messenger Oracle deck
Unsheathed Athame (witch’s black handled knife)
“Shadow” tea light (by Sage Goddess) as a candle for the Great Pythoness/Snake spirit
Bone snake “wand” – also a symbol of the Great Pythoness (by TalismanaDesigns)
4 adorable white candles I picked up at Tuesday Morning store (I’ll have to take a photo of just them…I love them).
Small green vial – Anointing Oil (by Sage Goddess)
Altar Pentacle
Black glass jar (formerly a Samhain candle – by MoonGoddessMagick) used to burn my bay leaves in
Sekhmet statue and Her red candle
Sacred feather and Artemis Incense by HarvestMoonHaven
White paper = notes on the Full Moon Tarot layout I used
Black obsidian wand on top of the paper

And two candle-light / shadowy Selfies:
alt text

And #2:
alt text

No comments:

Post a Comment