Wednesday, May 29, 2013

It's The Simple Things In Life....


ART: Drawing of Cernunnos II
ARTIST: andrea-koupal


It's days like today that remind me how good the simple things in life are. The storm knocked out the power for a couple of hours, which forced me to sit outside and thus, I got to really enjoy the lightning show and the thunder and the rain. A great blue heron and a snowy egret flew overhead, along with swallows and nightjars. And to top it off, saw the first lightning bugs of the season! A very pleasant evening indeed.

I also took advantage of being without electricity to do some magic work to help calm my nerves about progressing forward towards being a teacher.  I feel more confident now.

This is also the first ritual in years that I've invoked a God.  I almost always just invoke Sekhmet or the Goddess in general.  But I got the pull to invoke Herne/Cernunnos, the Horned God of the Hunt and Woodlands.  I was a bit nervous, invoking a Prey God with the Predator Goddess, but They seemed to work just fine with each other.

I enjoy doing my own lil rituals and ceremonies.  I should do them more often.  I need to reconnect with Sekhmet.  I haven't been walking my Faith.  I should do some spiritual journeying (guided meditation). 

No comments:

Post a Comment